Re: Note on a question I asked you.

Ed Kraus wrote:

Remember when we were looking at the Radiator and reservior?  Well I
found it in the Service manual.  its page CTS-2019P OR Cooling Systems
page 6.  Anyway that unconnected hose is an over flow drain for the
coolent bottle.  It also intakes air to allow backfill into the
radiator.  If you put a filter on it you would have to consider that
boiling coolant at some point well have to exit that filter...

purpose known, but the solution to keep dirt out is still unknown.

Your Right, I'm hooked I'd love to go to the pine barrens keep me
posted.

Ed Kraus

        I'll give this some thought.  Probably look around tonight when I get
home.

        Here's a carb (I think) question for the pros.  Driving home from work
last night (fortunately not driving home from nationals), I found that my
throttle seemed to be sticking.  So, I pulled over (only to have the engine race
when the clutch was in) to spray some WD-40 on the throttle linkage.  Well, I
oiled it, but that was not the problem.  I limped my way home (turning the
engine off at traffic lights, etc.), popped the hood, and with the help of my
brother, found that the butterfly on the secondaries (Thermoquad) seemed to be
the problem - simply pushing it down cut the engine speed down to, and even
lower than, a normal idle.  Has anyone ever run into this, or have any
suggestions?  As some of you may know, I'm not too well versed on carburetors
(yet) ;)

        In case it's important:  345, Thermoquad, 4 speed trans, and a pretty
dirty engine compartment.

        Thanks for any help.

        Joe Costanzo
        '79 Scout II