Trailer pulling

>John,
>  I've used my Jeep Grand Cherokee V-8 to pull a trailer.  A little =
>trailer with either the John Deere lawn mower or my brothers Polaris 4 =
>wheeler.  I leave the 25,000 lb grain wagons to the IH.
>Andrew Thomas
>'69 1200 4X4

Andrew,
The post I put up was put there because many of the digesters and other
IH guys that I've met at IHC gatherings, have asked me, and even doubted
that I pull my 24 foot travel trailer with the GC. More than a few have
suggested that I'm pulling it with the wrong vehicle and should be using
my Scout.

You and I know that the 318 even though it is smaller in displacement
than the Scout's 345, because of its valving and computer controlled fuel
injection, is a powerful puller. My trailer weighs about 5K dry, and my
GC is rated at 6500 lbs. but I've had a lot of power train problems with
the GC, maybe because of the percentage of time that we're actually
pulling the trailer. The GC, a 96 has 58K miles on it, and probably 45K
of that was pulling the trailer. The problems have all been front and
rear axle problems. Jeep put an Aluminum differential housing in the rear
on that sucker to save weight, and I've had bearings spin in the Al
mounts.
John H.