radiator clearance

 Has anyone with a 4 row
core setup had the fan go through the radiator?  It seems awful close to be
safe.

I did, I did, I did......
I had a very clean used four core in my terra.  I went a round a
corner a little fast which tipped the battery off the tray and into
the fan.  The fan bent into the radiator and carved a nice circle
through the first core.  Ooops!
I since welded chunks of leaf spring as a bettery box, and now its
tough too get the thing out when I want to.

In stock config, you would have clearance.  I haven't, nor would
I attempt a 350 swap.  No offense to the Comers, who I might add,
were also very nice people. (goes without saying I guess, they own IHs)

---
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20
   Survivor of '98 Scout Nationals