Ford trucks IH tradition?

>The SD Ford trucks are in the best IH tradition,

  I think the Super Duty's are great. Great drivelines. The fact is though that International motors make Ford trucks what they are.  With out the Powersroke you'd be stuck with a choice of two V-8's that are CAR engines.  (The 5.4 should be in Mustang GT's if Ford would get it together.)  The 4.6 is pathetic ! 'Nuff said.  The V-10 is smaller than a 460 V-8 displacement wise. My brother assembles motorhomes and chassis's  for a living and says the Ford V-10 couldn't pull itself out of its own way. If you walk into a Ford dealership and say I'll buy a Ford truck with the best motor you've got, you'll drive off the lot with an IH under the hood :)
   I've never been much into Chevy's but I think their new trucks are awesome. The motors have 6 bolt main caps. Now that's tough. Plus a tow/haul switch for the tranny.
   I heard soon they are going to have Catepillar diesels available. (strike related)
My friend drives an 18 wheeler, and NOTHING pulls like a Cat diesel. IH only goes for the medium duty market so I can't compare. But a Cummins isn't even close...
Just my thoughts,
Andrew Thomas
'69 1200 4X4