More Nats

   Nationals this year became high tech. Pansy and John Comer were
walking around with a digital camera taking pictures of all the entered
trucks and during the awards portion as each award was givin out they
projected the digital picture onto the wall so that everyone new what
the truck looked like. Nice touch and was really cooooool!
   We have 227 entreants. That ties this year with last year. Not bad
for a total date change from one end of the year to the other.
   John Glancy of MIdnightstar Productions did an excellent job all
weekend. He needed more help doing alot of stuff which I intend to make
sure he has next year. If you were there and didn't get to meet John, or
did but didn't get to talk to him, he wasn't and isn't a rude person. He
just had so much to do and no one to do it in he didn't have time to do
it in. As far as I could tell there weren't any problems or complaints
about the show and I had a great time.
   Those of you that were there tell us how you liked or disliked it and
that way John Glancy can fix problems and make the good stuff better.
Now lets keep it civil of course.
   The saturday 4x4 stuff was wayyyyyy coool! The local club Backcountry
Fourwheelers let us use there private farm to play on. This had a tough
truck type course on it and some 4x trails that we were able to drive
on.
   The host took a group of us down the trail leading us with a Blazer
with 38" tires. He tells me as we head into the trail to wait at the top
of the first hill until he gets all the way down. I said that was fine,
I didn't realize why he was telling me this until we get to this hill. I
was behind him as he goes over the edge, then just dissapeared from
view. This was a little disconcerting. I then pulled my Scout up to the
edge and couldn't see anything over the front of the nose of the Scout.
I then rolled over the edge. This incline was almost straight down!
About 35 deg down! I was literally standing on the brake pedal because
of the angle of the hill! That was a blast. Ask Tark about the trail
ride.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Stacking the deck for the ugly truck competion.

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.