4 core radiator clearance

Greetings fellow digesters.  I have been laying low while undertaking the
task of converting my beloved 77 Scout from it's Chevy 350 TH-350 drivetrain
back to original issue IH 304 with T-19 and Dana 300.  All has gone well
with the transplant operation save my great adventure in modifying the 2
barrel intake to accept the Holley Projection system the Scout was wired and
plumbed for.  That is the subject of another post.  An IH drivetrain now
sits between the wheelwells  of my '77 and the rusted away '80 donor is
decorating the driveway awaiting disposition.  Ironically, the interior of
the '80 model is as near to perfect as I have ever seen for an 18 year old
vehicle.  All it needed was the factory radio to be 100% complete.  Too bad
the outside was beyond hope.  The roof, hood, firewall and transmission
tunnel are the only metal items not eaten away by 18 winters in the
Northeast.

Now to the real question:  I had a high efficiency 4 row core radiator with
the 350 motor.  The radiator was built to IH dimensions, but with water
connects to match the mouse motor.  I want to take it in to the shop and
have them swap the tanks from the 2 core radiator onto my 4 core unit.  Here
in Texas, the 2 row unit probably won't cool it with AC and a load.  (I also
want to be ready should I decide to swap in a larger motor later on) My
concern is that fan clutch to 4 row core clearance is less than an inch.  (I
read a post on the Binders FAQ that mentioned this)  Has anyone with a 4 row
core setup had the fan go through the radiator?  It seems awful close to be
safe.

Get the radiator built, finish the Projection job and I am done!  It is a
real Scout again ( ok, ok, well maybe if it had a 392 [grin])

Thanks

Ralph