Re: Thanks Dan for the updates

Well, Rik, I wasn't going to type something this morning (yeah right)
but; since you brought it up....
   Those of you who thought it was to far to drive or didn't want to
attept to drive your IH because of what may happen, next year just go
for it! I reallize I have been promising pics of my truck on the net for
a while now, but; after this weekend if I don't get some up I know about
20 others who will! And, when you see my truck and realize I drove it
800+ miles all night long, you will say, "Well, if that piece of *&*&
can make it mine certainly can!"  Ask Rob C. about what it is like being
here and not having a Scout, because; you wimp out on driving it all the
way. Give your truck some credit it is after all an IH! (Of course if
Rob C. had driven his Scout then I couldn't have had the honor of
driving Nikki (sp) around the trail ride)
   I have got to say that the people on this digest are the greatest
folks I've never met before! Everyone has been so nice, and so much fun.
  Last night after we left the 4x4 fun all of us Digesters (those that I
was able to tell what we were doing and those that were able to stay)
went to a steak house called Scooters. We (I) had originally planned on
a smorgasboard place called Duffs, but when we got there at 8:15 PM
there were closed! We tried to talk the manager into opening back up for
us (there were 30 of us) but, no go. So after sending out some Scouting
parties to the other places right near there Scooters said they would
take us at no notice and were more than excellent. The servise was very
good with excellent food (I had a prime rib that must have weighed 1/2
lb) and drinks that weren't empty long!  We will definantly be back
there next year, hopefully with a whole lot more of you all along with
us. The opertunity to just sit and visit with each and everyone was alot
of fun and I think I talk Patsy Comer into bringing Banchee across the
country in May to Scout the Pinelands with us! (I hope!)
   Well, this post is getting a little long, let me end it and start a
new one.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Stacking the deck for the ugly truck competion.

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.