Model A reproductions

>These were used to produce a reproduction of a 1931 Ford Model A Deluxe
>Phaeton called the "Glassic" (probably because it was a fiberglass body).
>Have any of you ever seen one of these vehicles? Do any still exist? I'd love
>to see one of these cars.
>
>Roy Ireland
>'65 Scout 80

Roy,
When we were up in Monroe for the NW gathering, there was a Model A
recreation sitting out in the field with other show cars. My wife and I
went over to look at it closely because of an earlier experience we had
had. The Model A in Monroe had been built on a Pinto chassis and running
gear. Looked pretty good and had been well taken care of and the guy
wanted $7000 for it. We didn't buy it but it brought back a lot of
memories.

About 1968, I had taken my wife, two boys, and one daughter to Alaska,
partly to take a look at the fast-fading last frontier, partly to take
photographs, and partly to fish. The fishing was spectacular by the way,
never been the same since.

While in Anchorage, we went by the only Ford dealer in town and he had
Model A reproductions sitting in his lot. We were dumbfounded when the
salesperson told us that those reproductions were sitting on the same
chassis as the Scout we were traveling in. They were quite elegant to
look at, and it occurred to me at the time that if I had one of those, I
probably could drive it forever. They probably had the 152 4 cylinder
engines in them. The Scout I was driving had the 196 4 cylinder engine in
it, but the 152 would have moved that Model A right along. Both those in
Alaska and the one in Monroe had a funny seat, in that it was kind of a
bench seat, but was more like a love seat in that it wrapped around the
interior, rather than being straight across. I thought it looked as if it
would be uncomfortable to drive.

If the one in Monroe had been on a Scout chassis, I'd have bought it, but
on a Pinto body ...

By the way, the trailer we took to Alaska that time and two more times
later was a tiny Aristocrat Lo-Liner we bought for $1100 from Lowell
Rathe Mobile Homes in Stockton, CA.
So what you say? Well when we got to Monroe, John Landry parked next to
us in his little trailer that he had just bought and fixed up, and what
did the sticker on the side of the trailer say? Lowell Rathe Mobile
Homes, Stockton, CA.   Small world isn't it?  Well, hell, when you get as
old as I am getting, you like little coincidences like this.
John H.