Re: Lockers

On Wed, 9 Sep 98 10:22:04 -0700 John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
writes:

>Carrying this to the extreme Chrysler made my trailer towing Grand
>Cherokee full-time 4WD, because they didn't want the torque applied to
>just one axle. It has limited slip in the rear, but this wasn't adequate

>for the engineers to trust that the rear axle(s) could handle the torque

>of the very gutty 318.

It's true the full-time 4WD allows the the torque loads to be split and
could allow heavier towing ratings, but are you sure this is the reason
for the full-time, or is it just because a self-respecting yuppiemobile
"needs" full-time 4WD to make it across the mall parking lot?

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]