My$.02 exhaust

Tom and others who might care

I just redid the exhaust (original it seems) on the '70 800 A with the 304
and thought I'ld share my observations after a couple of weeks. This is
what we ended up doing: 2.5 " head pipes into a 3" single system to a
"Flo-Pro" (or is it "Pro-Flo", eitherway it's like a "Flowmaster") and 3"
out. Retraces the original system location pretty much exactly. All the
tubing and the muffler are aluminized, everthing is fully welded, mandrel
bent, POLYURETHANE vibration isolators on the hangers (I didn't know they
existed, the shop just put em on). Needless to say it turned out great! I
really like the sound too, it is quiet when it should be and it's
unmistakabley V8 when it needs to be. I haven't noticed any change in
running, mileage or driveability (other than the better sound and quiter
operation).

Downside, it wasn't cheap, but I think it was worth the extra expense to
have a trouble free system behind the fresh V8.

So Tom, If you get down this way, Budget Muffler in Santa Fe. Talk to Dave
Gallegos, he's the owner.

Boy I'm going to miss that Scout.