Carb Tuning

The
>pump actually only supplies 3cc per cycle. It's rated at 30cc per 10 strokes.

*Ahhhh*  -5 points for the book withholding information!

>>Looking through my Holley Hi-Po book.. I see several different cams are
>>available for the accelerator pump.. do I want to experiment with a
>>faster acting cam?
>
>The stock cam works fine on my 304, but I can't remember the color off the
>top of my head. Have you already rebuilt the carb? I would do a basic tune
>up first, vacuum leaks, ignition overall, etc.

The carb is nearly new.  about 8k miles on it, but it sat for over a year,
too...

The entire ignition system has less than 8k on it... probably much less
(can't remember when I overhauled it).  New plugs this weekend for good
measure.  My last tuneup was new wires, new points, new cap, new rotor.

I want to take the carb apart to put some smaller main jets in it, and a
spring-loaded needle & seat.

I don't think there are any vacuum leaks.. I'll look closer.  Purrs
beautifully at idle.  Every vacuum port has been plugged except the dist.
advance, and the brake booster.  :)

A little more trouble shooting I guess...

-Tom