Re: Let the Troubleshooting Begin!

>> You're using the Holley 2300, right?  With the 3cc pump you should adjust
>
>30cc, right?

30cc - Yes and No. In my drag racing era we would say 3 or 30, 5 or 50. The
pump actually only supplies 3cc per cycle. It's rated at 30cc per 10 strokes.

>> the accelerator so that there's zero clearance between the cam and the pump
>> lever. At WOT you should have between .015 and .020 inch *additional*
>> movement between the lever and the adjusting screw.
>
>Hmm.. OK, I know where the pump is, and there is an adjustment.  I see a
>spring loaded screw.. holds two levers (one on either end).  I can adjust
>the gap between the two.  Adjusting a lot in either direction made things
>worse.. I did manage to make it a little bit better (I think).. but
>something's still not quite right.
>
>Looking through my Holley Hi-Po book.. I see several different cams are
>available for the accelerator pump.. do I want to experiment with a
>faster acting cam?

The stock cam works fine on my 304, but I can't remember the color off the
top of my head. Have you already rebuilt the carb? I would do a basic tune
up first, vacuum leaks, ignition overall, etc.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
1980 Scout