Re: Still need questions answered

Paul,
   I would do the switch to the larger Spicer pinion yolk for the
beefier U-joint. This was in a previous Fourwheeler mag. Early this year
I think. I have it around here someplace. Maybe I'll look for it and
bring it to Nationals for you. Then I would use regular Scout rotors
since they are available from No Excuses in New Jersey for $35 or
something. If you want to do the extra work going to Ford Calipers would
entail changing the fittings on the top side of the rubber lines. Scout
Calipers are only $16.49 (passenger side number 242-4021) for a rebuild
from NAPA. I just got one on saturday. Also, replace the knuckle
u-joints and put new seals and bearings in. It would also be a good time
to install a lok-right. Personally I would stick with 3.07 gears. That
is what I have in my 79 with auto/V8. I have 3.73's in my 71 but it is a
bear on the highway. You could possible split the difference and go with
3.54. I have a set of them I'm not using. If you are interested.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Stacking the deck for the ugly truck competion.

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.