Re: Let the Troubleshooting Begin!

Tom Mandera wrote:
> the 304 is HARD to start.  Granted, the choke is non-functioning, but it's
> still hard to get it to fire... I drove to work around 9:30, and at 11 or so
> moved the Scout to the under-ground garage (started raining - no hood,
> soft-top w/ sides up), it took me a while to work it up... dunno yet if the
> float bowl is going dry, or what the problem is.
Tom,
 I'd get the choke functioning before looking any further. When I
first got the Travelall going after the rebuild, it would start very
easily if I primed it with a bit of fuel down the carb bores, but it
was very difficult to start otherwise. Then I noticed that the choke
plate wasn't always closed when the engine was cold. I adjusted it,
and now it starts right away every time. A (functioning) choke is a
good thing.

later,         curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
  Curt         Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150