Questions

I've a few questions while trying to get the 800 (1970, 304, t 18, 3.73s)
ready for a trip to Montana to live with its owner, boy I'm going to hate
to see "Speedy" go.

1) I'm working the electric wiper swap, someone told me the other day that
some 800s came with electrics, I didn't think that was the case but he
seemed very positive. Any ideas?

2) I need new tires before the trip, what's the best snow tire (Montanans?)
and are studs really needed? restrictions? It'll clear 33s (has 31s now)
should I put 33s on anyway or go with the smaller (cheaper) tires? I expect
the use to be mostly commute, some forest service road stuff to trailheads,
snowboarding/snowshoeing, etc. I was thinking that perhaps some of the
pmetric 16" tires that are tall and narrow might be a good way to go except
for need for new rims.

3) Flushed the heater core etc, any suggestions for enhancing the cab
heating? I've installed a windjammer to reduce the heated volume, fan is in
good shape, etc. I'm thinking of installing some aluminum faced bubble wrap
under a headliner (none now), Suggestions for headliner material,
attachment, worth the trouble? Will it help with the noise level too?

Anything else I ought to do before I head north with it in Oct/Nov? Thanks
folks

Terry  Rust

No good can ever result from any attempt to set one of these fiery zealots
to rights, either in fact or principle. They are determined as to the facts
they will believe, and the opinions on which they will act. Get by them,
therefore, as you would by an angry bull; it is not for a man of sense to
dispute the road with such an animal."
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 24 Nov. 1808, to his grandson