Pushrods

    I have been struggling with my 345.  I milled the heads down to
increase compression. Put a new cam and lifters in, started it, ran it a
little, and  I got a lot of valve train noise.  I purchased a pushrod
length measuring tool assess what I had done to valve geometry, and ended
up ordering custum length pushrods.
Today as I was replacing the lifters, with the second set this year,   I
found on some of the lifters I was taking out,  grooves on the bottom, as
wide as the cam lobes.  The cam lobe seems okay.  I want to put it
together.
    Now knowing what I know about the lifters, that they must have been
the primary cause of the noise.  Should I put it back together to see how
it runs using the stock pushrods or the special order pushrods?

Rik DesJardin
RikOFWA@domain.elided
It's Coming------------http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/9937/

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]