Still need questions answered

OK folks, I'm getting a complex here.  The only responses I got to my
questions about my front 44 in my garage were to ask why I wanted to go
with 31s instead of 33s on my Scout.  Do you guys mean to tell me that NONE
of you have an opinion on building this thing?  My biggest question is
this: since I have to go with new rotors and calipers anyway, can/should I
switch to some cheaper or more readily available, or should I get Scout
pieces?  Aren't there Ford rotors and calipers that will fit and which will
be more "findable" in my local wrecking yards (I've called around and no
one has Scouts).  Are Scout calipers available new?  What gear ratio would
you go with if you were going to go with 31s and run it to and on trails?
This truck gets driven A LOT on the road.  It has a 345/727/D20 combo and
3.31s now.

Finally, I looked at my oil sender on the side of the block the other day
and it has no wire running to it.  Even an electrically challenged person
like me can figure out that that is why my gauge isn't working.  Can
someone help me here?  Should a wire go straight to the back of the gauge?
What gauge wire?  How does it attach to the sender (assuming the answer to
the first question was "yes")?

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"

1966 IHC Scout 800- "The Beast"