Re: RFI

John Hofstetter wrote:

> Tom,
> Does this mean that I have to give up my Seiko in addition to Unilite,
> MSD, and Holley EFI, and especially my linear amp that I've been sitting
> on for all this time?

        John,

        No, but if the RF field is strong enough
        and the frequency short enough, you
        might be microwaving your butt!!!

        Actually, it's funny you mention that
        because I've seen that happen with high
        power audio amps.  The amp was
        generating a spur which got into the
        !44 MHz range causing some RFI in
        a mobile radio - one of the audio leads
        was the exact length for 144.275 and
        was loud enough to hear four or five
        miles away.  So it does happen.

        So, if you have any unexplained sunburn
        on your butt, that's the answer, heh, heh,

        Later,

        Tom Francis (tomf@domain.elided)
        S. Woodstock, CT
        1953 IHC R-132 platform dump