Re: Remote solenoid questions

> Doug Rasmussen Wrote:
>
> At 11:56 AM 9/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >I posted earlier about my overheated solenoid failure.  I mistakenly
> >thought there was a step-by-step how-to in the FAQ.  Nope, just an ad
for a
> >$30 kit.

And Darrel Kline Added:

> Doug,
> My thoughts exactly.  We really need to update that FAQ. Maybe whoever is
> responsible for the Electrical section can add my instructions.

I happily added Darrel's "step-by-step" to the FAQ pages today.

In defense of Steve Young who wrote the original piece, however, I'm sure
it wasn't intended as an "ad" or a "commercial".  I'm confident that Steve
has no financial interest in selling the kit described in the FAQ.  And the
"why bother" part of the article is every bit as important as the "how to"
portion in my opinion.

The folks who have voluntarily contributed to the FAQ to date are sharing
what info they can as best they can.  That's certainly true in my own case,
and I've written approximately half of the 100+ entries currently posted in
the FAQ single-handedly.  I'm sure my entries may disappoint -- either by
not being complete/thorough enough, or by not including the precise bit of
info that someone happens to be looking for.

If anyone has contributions that they'd like to add to the FAQ, I have
always been more than happy to assist in getting them posted. But let's not
bash those who *have* already contributed if their efforts don't measure up
to your standards.

Bill Thebert

IHC-FAQ = http://www.binderbulletin.com/faq/index.htm