yes, yes yes yes YESSS!!!

They finished the WM!!!-- well, almost, they still have to do the tailgate... but I got it back on Saturday which means I now have enough time to ensure that it's ready for the trip.  After much debate, I had it re-painted the original light blue.  All those billions of killer new metallic colors...at least 1/2 of which would be a better match for the red interior... sigh....

So I guess that confirms that my internal needle is swinging slowly from customizer to restorer-- but I draw the line at the woodgrain!!  Someday maybe if I find an local airbrush artist I like I'll have him/her doodle a little in all that acreage between the trim, but for now it looks great.  I think on the Webring there's a 74/75 T'all w/out woodgrain, and the page author speculates that they started making them w/out at some point.

Remembering Howard's information, I had the paint computer-matched to the lower inside door panel.. which wouldn't have been subjected to any sun-fading.  PPG has some gap in IH paint chips, anyway, they jump from like '71 to '74, and there is no '74 color that's even close.

And don't laugh at my wheels.  When I was at the paint shop, I mentioned something about re-painting them (remember my post requesting a color code).  One guy said, hey, we just rattle-canned somebody's wheels exactly that color, the can's right here.   I tried it right on the wheel, and it was perfect.  The cap said "aluminum," I (unfortunately) didn't note the brand!!

So I bought a Majik "aluminum" rattle can.  The cap was the PERFECT color.  Of course, the paint was not!  It was this silver so bright I wish my chrome looked like it.  But it looks funny on the wheels, as it totally inverts the shinyness relationship between the hubcaps and the rims.  I'm thinking of finding some dullcote or something to save it, but painting wheels (or, more correctly, masking tires) is such a PIA.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**