Re: BRAKES

My first thoughts are that you have a master cylinder that is leaking
internally, allowing the pressurized fluid to bypass the piston so that
the pedal goes down. A bad booster should just result in loss of power
assist.  You should be able to swap just ththe cylinder and not the
booster.  Any master cylinder and/or booster '74 and later should
interchange (earlier than 74 was front drums with a different master
cylinder.)

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998 20:33:24 EDT AL24@domain.elided writes:
>I usually just lurk and read ,but I have a question concerning brakes. I
have
>a 79 Scout 100k 304 auto, and lately the brake light comes on and the
pedal
>will go down while sitting at a light. If you release and reapply the
brakes
>the light goes off but the pedal still slowly goes down. It doesnt feel
like a
>cylinder so I was wondering what the symptoms of a bad booster are. It
has
>been doing this for weeks but my son forgot to tell me. Next question,
if it
>is a bad booster are rebuilts available or is it off to the wrecking
yard, and
>are they year specific?
>Thanks Al Lampson

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]