Scout work

Well, I got the bearing race off. I had to heat it and pound on it with
a cold chisel. Then I found out the spindle is trashed. Only after I
tried to put the new bearing on and got it stuck half way on and half
way off, DOOHHHH! So I decided to take the spindle off my spare D$$ in
the garage. It is easy to do, just remove the 8 backing bolts and smack
the spindle, with a rag around it, to wiggle it off. I picked the
drivers side spindle since that is the one I trashed. Well, stupid me
should have checked the threads. I got the entire spindle installed then
discovered that the threads were cut up. Double DDOOOHHHH! That was when
I decided that I had enough for today. The spindle on the other side of
the spare axle is excellant. I hand turned the nut all the way on and
off. (Stupid me) So, tommorrow I have to go back to Pep Boys for a new
grease seal and inner bearing, then pull the other spindle and put it
on.
   Once I do all that I still need to hook up the CB, change the power
steering belt, swap hard tops, make new floor braces, re-gap the plugs,
and check the timing. I'm glad I have monday off too!

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Looking to win the Cookiedan Award!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.