scout work.

Well, It is 12:15 here and I've been working on the Scout since 9:00. I
changed the oil, front axle lube, opened passenger hub and repacked the
bearings, replaced the passenger caliper, greased the front driveshaft
and tie rod ends, opened drivers side hub, poured out the water, and
discovered that the inner bearing (that is the back bearing in the
rotor) was toast! So much so that the inner race is frozen to the
spindle and I can't get it off. I have a friend coming over in a few
minutes with some cold chisels and a torch and we are going to try and
crack it off. Any one have any other ideas? I still have to change the
rear axle oil, power steering belt, grease back drive shaft, change hard
tops.
   The grenaded bearing explains what that swishing sound I hear when I
was rolling with the radio off. (Amazing thing is how that sound went
away when I turned the radio up. I thought it was a cracked speaker.
<g>)

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Looking to win the Cookiedan Award!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.