Re: Speedo Calibration

Yes, they have interstates in the Big Sky Country, but I believe they're
still marked in furlongs rather than miles.  Vehicles destined for
Montana have speedos calibrated in furlongs per fortnight!   :-}

And Tom, for the 4 Cyl, you might need to calibrate it at a slower speed.
 6 min. per mile=10 mph!

Howard

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998 07:42:57 -0500 (CDT) Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> writes:
>Tom,
>
>The **only** way to calibrate your speedometer is to find a stretch of
>interstate (I believe they have those in Montana) with mileposts and get

>your hands on a stopwatch.  1mile in 60 seconds = 60 mph.  Scale from
>there.  Everything else is inaccurate.  Besides this is easy and cheap.
>Lots of new speedometers are not only inaccurate but inconsistent.  I
>normally use my electronic tach as my reliable speedometer.
>
>Steve

>Steven A. Stegmann
>     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the
>use
>   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
>   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and
>bear
>    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
>       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in
>government"
> _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]