Re: Pertronix Ignitor will not work for me

In a brilliant stroke of genius, RLIRELAND@domain.elided blurted out:

>I believe the issue of how to adapt a Pertronix unit to an IH 4 cyl engine is
>addressed in a FAC on Steve Larson's home page at
><http://members.aol.com/slarsonih/ignition.htm>. Don't want to minimize your
>efforts, John, in following up with Pertronix and providing the excellent
>explanation on the Digest. Just wanted to give Steve a little credit, too.
>
>Roy Ireland

Roy,

While the modification on Steve's page is excellent, it doesn't apply
*directly* to Matt's distributor.  Steve's mod is for a Delco-Remy
distributor that predated the Holley which Matt apparently has.  The two
Pertronix kits are completely different between these two distributors.

But for owners of pre-Scout II engines wishing to convert to a Pertronix
ignition, Steve's page is a great resource.

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |   I want to know the TRUTH about our
Conservative Libertarian         |     government's secret operations.
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               | That's why I watch the X-Files on FOX!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model