Re: Frame thickness

>	With all this work to the spring mounts, you should have considered
>reverse shackle / buggy spring setup.
>Weren't you planning this anyway?
>	I suppose you couldn't afford the down time on the rig, too bad, it
>could have been the ol' "two birds with one stone" trick.

I was considering the reverse shackle/buggy spring setup.. just not ready
for it yet (and you're right, can't afford the downtime... I'm starting to
see the flaw in depending on the Scout daily *and* four wheeling (tho' this
break happened when I *wasn't* fourwheeling)).

I'm also not currently interested in the $$$ for a new driveshaft, twisting
the housing, etc.  Ideally, I'll get a welder in hand before long, and I get
started on the '72... the whole idea was to have the '72 done (w/ all the
goodies) then go through the '77..

As it is, I can't afford the down time... or the $$$ (since I'm heading to
Nats).  And as nice as it is today... it won't be motorcycle weather (and
it's not running right *either*!) much longer... which means what needs done
gets done NOW, and nothing more 'till spring. :-)

*sigh*

what fun!

-Tom