Re: Attn: Scout 800 owners, Need answers!

Matt,
  Neither of my senders were accurate until I removed them from the
tank and took them apart to clean them. I also played with the
bump-stops inside the sending unit case to make sure that the
resistances being output were close to the factory specs.  Instead of
0-90, mine are closer to 10-80, but the dash guage reads pretty
accurate and I have a gallon or so left when the needle gets to "E".
Just go slow when bending the tabs up that keep the cover on the
internals of the sending unit.
  As for the brake lights, make sure that the grounds are clean for
the bulbs as well as the housing mount.  As for both not working on
your friend's, have you checked the brake light switch that's
activated by the pedal to make sure it's doing its job?
HTH,
Myron  '68 800