Quarter panel replacement

Harvesters, Howard,

I'm in the process of removing my old rusty quarter panels and replacing
them with fiberglass panels from Howteron.  The instructions
specifically say that I don't need to remove the tailgate to install the
new panels.  The FAQ on the Binder Bulletin makes no mention of removing
the tailgate.

However, I can't see how to get the old panels off without removing the
tailgate.  The 'lip' seems to go under the 2 bolt tailgate mount.  I'd
just take it off, but the bolts are frozen solid, and, as stated above,
I've been led to believe that I don't need to take the tailgate off.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Rob H.