Andrew's rings and lifters

>Hi,
> All this talk of white smoke, head gasket leaks etc got me kinda worried.
>The motor(345) in my '69 1200 was recently rebuilt and has a little under
>2000 miles on it.  I never really noticed it at start up but after driving a
>while if I rev it up it will smoke (white, blue it's hard for me to tell)
>some when the RPM's drop back down. All the fluids appear fine. Is this
>something to worry about or is it not even broke in fully yet?

Andrew was fortunate enough, apparently, to miss my story about the
factory rep who showed me when his 392 was finally broken in at about 50K
miles. Don't worry about it Andrew, it may take 15K or more for those
rings to really seat. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the lifter
clatter either.

Say did I ever tell you guys about Bon Ami cleanser and seating rings?
John H.