Re: Scout 800c = Scout II

You believe what your read in books?    :-)

I have observed that authors often aren't the most knowledgable about
their subjects, just brave (or hungry) enough to attempt to do a book.
Some people, Fred Crismon for example, do extensive research and are
generally accurate, but the results by some others are almost a joke if
you know the subject.

I know that during even during the early development of the Scout II, it
was never considered an 800.  It was a new model and the early Scout
Product Committee minutes called it the 810 from the start.

But we could use the logic apparently used in that book and say it was
really a Model 80E!

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts