Opinions needed/wanted

OK, imagine there is a Scout II Dana 44 front axle out in your shop
building.  It appears to be in good shape, but you haven't torn into it
yet.  It is missing one rotor and has no calipers.  I do not know what
gears are in it, but that is not important.

What would you do with this axle so far as getting it right?  Would this be
the time to switch to more common rotors and calipers?  If so, which ones?
What about gear ratio and such?  I want to build my Scout for southeastern
trail use.  I know I want a four inch lift and will stay with 31" tires.
It will be driven to trail rides and other events which might be more than
a few hours away.  I have a 345/727 combo with 3.31 gears now.

OK, so this was a badly worded 2 part question, but I hope you guys can
figure out what I'm getting at.  I'm gonna build the 44 on the bench, so
time is no big deal.  Heck, I might even end up putting it in the front of
my '66 (see sig. for details).

Lastly, I finally went to the AT Scouts web page today.  Incredible!
80/800 owners especially need to go there (fiberglass!!!).

Thanks all-

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"

1966 IHC Scout 800- "The Beast"