Re: Power eating amp

>John, Allen, et. al.
>
>Don't discount some major effect that electromagnetic interference
>generated by the power amp might be having on the EFI computer.  The owners
>manual for my 87 Subaru clearly warns not to install a radio transmitter
>coax or antenna (even a low power CB radio) anywhere near the electronic
>engine management system computer.
>
>When I used to fly helicopters in the Army, back in the very early
>experimental days of flying with NVG's (Night Vision Goggles), when we'd
>key up the UHF radio, many of the goggles would immediately shut down, just
>as if turned off.  These weren't super high powered radios either.  It was
>simply some sort of interference with the electronic intensifier tubes in
>the goggles.  I had it happen to me one time, and that was enough to teach
>me never again to use the UHF radio while flying under NVG's.  Later
>revisions of NVG's quickly fixed the problem.
>
>Just a thought!
>
>John L.

Wow, so I might be "jamming" the EFI hey?
That, if so, would be interesting with my Jeep friends who have EFI's on
their machines. Pull up along side of them, turn my engine off, and blast
them. Funny to think about.

A possible symptom that might work against this being the cause is the
dreadfully low voltage in the power feed wire when transmitting.

Thanks, John.
John H.