Re: Beckys Scout

	Becky, I had a similar problem with my traveler and it turned out
that the float was bouncing up and letting the carb bowl fill w/ too much
gas and it would momentarily flood the engine. After you check what John
Landry suggested you might check that. Have you done any carb work
recently?

Good luck,
Mark

----------------------------- Copied post--------------------------------
Becky,  -

This sounds like a classic loose electrical connection.  Yes it could be
the
gold box (if you have one - you did't tell use what year your Scout is),
but
more likely, you have a weak or corroded connection somewhere.  The first
place I'd look would be the multi-pin firewall bulkhead connectors.  Try
unplugging it, spraying the connection pins / sockets with something like
contact cleaner or failing that WD-40.  Re-plug in and pull apart the
connectors several times.

You could also have a loose connection anywhere in the ignition system.
Check
the gold box connectors.  Check the coil and distributor connectors, etc.
Lastly, don't forget the multi-pin connector on the ignition switch on the
lower part of the steering column under the dash.

Good luck,

John

				Mark A. Pepe

University of Arizona					  Tucson, Arizona

			     mpepe@domain.elided

*Music Education Major*Tuba Player Extraordinaire*Concord Blue Devils Alum
*Sonora Desert Scouts Member *and much much more *blah blah blah*