RE white smoke

>Pulled the rad cap on the '72 tonight and warmed the truck up..
>antifreeze overflowed into the driveway, but no bubbles.. still white
>smoke tho'.
Tom,
To tell the truth I have a hard time distinguishing between white and blue smoke. It's not like the blue smoke is royal blue, rather it's white with a slight blue hue.
Out here where our sky is *very* blue anything else may look white.
If you arn't finding any other clues to lead you to a head gasket problem then I would be willing to bet (but not much) that what you are seeing is burned oil.
Just my opinion.
BTW if you get serious about building a race Scout I have one of those plastic seats with all the slots for a 5 point harness that I will let go for cheap + shipping.

Willy
77 SS II (with smoke that looks white in the summer and blue in the winter)