White Smoke

Hmm...

Pulled the rad cap on the '72 tonight and warmed the truck up..
antifreeze overflowed into the driveway, but no bubbles.. still white
smoke tho'.

Water in the 1.5yr old gas?  ?  Something else?...

Maybe I'll tell NAPA to HOLD on the head gaskets and wait n' see how it
works out in the '77..

Got some of the exhaust clamps off.. I'm hoping the exhaust on the '72
will work on the '77... particularly when the rear axle droops, I'm
hoping the driveshaft won't hit the crosspipe (well, not quite a
crosspipe.. it's a single muffler single exhaust, but both sides cross
and meet on the driver's side just behind the transfer case).

Wondering if I should just spring the $300 for a new exhaust... nah.
We'll see how this works out.

Will I need to buy two new exhaust donuts?  Any particular tricks?  I
removed one of the bolts holding the pipe to the manifold, and it was
double nutted fine-thread.. seems to be a substantial sized gasket
inbetween, too.

-Tom (can't wait to get that V8 in.. gotta pull the T15/D20 tomorrow or
Wed, so I can have the flywheel resurfaced n' such before Friday night..)