Bubbles in Radiator & White smoke

I am experiencing a similar problem to Tom M.  I too get a puff of white
smoke behind my 79 SII when I start the engine.  I have inspected my
radiator and found lots of little bubbles in the antifreeze.  From what I
can understand this means that I have a failing head gasket, right?  I have
experienced no noticeable loss of power (I pulled my boat through the
Appalachian Mountains last weekend without a hitch) and the white smoke
only occurs at startup.  The only other problem is that my radiator has a
slow drip.  Can this be related?

What should I do?  Do I need to pull the heads immediately or can I
continue operating till it gets worse?  I am a novice and have learned only
from tinkering and lurking.  I couldn't even fathom pulling my 345's heads
right now, but I do have the service manuals.

Brent A. Fidler
brentfid@domain.elided