Re: Choosing the Right Mufflers

Steve,

<<Straight through glass pack is the lowest resistance of all, period.>>

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with that statement. I've seen flow tests
where FlowMaster mufflers out flowed glasspacks. On the surface, it would seem
that a glasspack would be lowest, but in reality it isn't always. The
perforations on the inside of a glasspack can cause turbulence. We all know
how turbulence can cause resistance to air flow. I think that's the same
reason K&N filters have flowed better than no air filter on some engine/carb
combinations.

STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon tank and FlowMasters, and a
K&N in my future