GM HEI coils

     Landry, and other Binders...

        I remember Thebert having a GM HEI disty for a scout that he
     got at RMIHR, that had some kind of machined aluminum housing,
     that he said 'was the key'.  Now the aluminum housing slides in
     perfect fit, the IH oil pump screwdriver is welded on the GM
     shaft (somehow) and then it's in and HEI.

        My dad's '79 Corvette which I have been crawling in the hood
     for some time, is HEI.  I saw no coil.  Upon question of this, He
     (Dad), as well as the manual, state that there is no coil per se,
     it's in a module above the disty cap, and clips in on top.

        So, I told you that, to ask you this:

     Does the pertronix ignitor only perform the task of a
     triggerwheel/reluctor OR points/lobe and that's all?  Two wires
     right?  What does the pertronix do, that the original trigger
     wheel from the IH doesn't?

     Thanks for clearing this up,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs.