Re: MSD/ Ballest resistor

	Sorry for the ignorence,but......

On my 76 traveler, the previous owner switched the distributer to points,
(I have no idea why) anyway, does this mean I should get the ballast
resistor with my MSD? As far as I know, it doesn't have one but I've been
running the MSD on it for over a year with no problem so I'm guessing I'm
OK. The points don't seem to be burned or anything beyond normal wear.

BTW- If you have points and your engine starts running poorly rather
suddenly, don't forget to check the dwell  when checking all the other
possibilities.  (while  my wife and I were in Colorado for the Rendezvous,
I spent three hours at a gas staion in Breckenridge (( 40  minutes or so
from where the show was in Fairplay)) pulling my hair out and trying to
figure out what was wrong. After checking fuel delivery, checking plug
wires, replacing cap and rotor and just about everything I decided to get
out the dwell meter- Doh! the dwell had slipped. supposed to be  29-32
degrees, it was actually at 45. I reset it and the motor turned right over
and purred away!)

Mark

				Mark A. Pepe

University of Arizona					  Tucson, Arizona

			     mpepe@domain.elided

*Music Education Major*Tuba Player Extraordinaire*Concord Blue Devils Alum
*Sonora Desert Scouts Member *and much much more *blah blah blah*