Re: MSD, Diesels

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Jennifer & Ken Farmer wrote:

> Actually, I only know what I've heard here on the digest.  But, I can tell
> you
> that if you are even thinking about a diesel->gas swap, and think you may
> ever need to pass an emissions test, be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Hmm.. I'd heard the diesels are hot items in California.. as I
understand, they're only smogged on title transfer.. so if you plan on
keeping it forever, and you don't care what BigBrother thinks.. slap that
392 in there!

> 1975 Travelall, dog in the city, but could beat Tom's chevy luv on the

Hey, I caught that! :-)

My Luv'll do 100mph on a flat stretch under it's own power... 6300rpm..
And with the close 4spd and 4.56s, it's no slouch in town, either..

-Tom