Re: ignition reliability

At 10:52 AM 8/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Darrel Kline asked:
>>If anyone wants to sell me their burnt out MSD (cheap) drop me an email.<
>
>Darrel,
>  How about a Jacob's?  Let me guess, you're going to send the broken unit
>back for repair.   Cheaper than a new unit, huh?
>
>Doug

Doug,
I would make the repairs myself. Of course, there's always the chance that
it isn't repairable, but that's the gamble. If the unit isn't too old it's
worth looking into. Let me know what model you have, and the age.

BTW:  That "under 10 percent failure rate for MSD" seems extremely high to
me. That's not something I would be bragging about. How many of the ones
that fail are never returned to MSD, and are not included in the count?

Of course, MSD can't be held accountable for people mistreating the
units...I mean it is an electronic device, not a hunk of iron.  I've seen
way too many mounted on the firewall right above the exhaust, or worse yet
on the inner fender. I put my Crane HI6 behind the glovebox...nice and cool
and it won't get splashed.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO