Re: Scout shackle reversal

How about adding limiting straps?  I'm almost done with my 4" Skyjacker
lift and I noticed with the front axle hangs down too low low without any
weight on it.  By that I mean at certain points in the driveshaft
revolution it cannot be angled down far enough to connect to the axle.  If
it was hooked up and under power it looks like bad things could happen if
it dropped that far.  If limiting straps were installed it could limit
binding of the front drive shaft u-joints and prevent the shackles from
flipping in extreme situations.  I don't know how far the axle will drop
after it has been driven for awhile and settled so I could be wrong about
the front drive shaft issue.  But in any case limiting straps could
prevent the shackes from reversing.  It's something I'm considering.

Chad Urvig
'73 Scout II (under construction...still)