Speaking of lost film..

I found *my* lost roll of 35mm last night... I was cleaning the Scout out
while installing more speakers & an amp, when, in what could be mistaken for
a pile of garbage, I found a roll of exposed film (OK, some smart aleck out
there will invariably ask, "Gee Tom, you sure your truck couldn't be
mistaken for a pile of garbage?").

Gotta swing by WalMart tonight I guess.. won't get it back 'till Monday..
which is fine, because I probably won't be done scanning what I have by
then... :-)

I think this roll is the almost-last of the HolyCross pictures... sporting
Tom's attempt at taking the short-cut off HolyCross (problem is, you really
should try it nose first, not door first)...  They should also serve as a
reminder that my internal "tip-o-meter" needs recalibrated... I felt just
fine hanging sideways in my seat belt... meanwhile, the Scout didn't have
much more lean left before it would've tipped..  I guess, when the camera
slides off the seat each time I toss it up, and I'm opening the passenger
door nearly vertically, and using the rollbar and seat to climb UP into the
driver's seat, it might be tipped a bit far.  Many thanks to Bill Thebert
for pointing out how precarious a situation it was, and for the strap back
to safety... one more lesson learned.

Everyone else has been fourwheeling for years... I have less than one good
year under my belt, so I'm working twice as hard to damage as much equipment
and pick as many wrong lines as everyone else has... (Well, OK, I'm not
purposely trying... call it too much youthful enthusiasm and vigor)

Of course, there may still be another roll of 35mm film hiding in my jacket
that should be on it's way home this Friday... Now I can't remember. :)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
Many nights of scanning photos awaits me... *sigh*
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs