RE: Wedges

>>nope, fat part of the wedge should go toward the front. I did this
little =
>>operation (which yielded a huge improvement) about a month ago and the
=
>>wisdom of this digest (after some debate) dictated "fat forward".
>>I used 3deg. shims. Make sure your spring locator bolt is long enough
to =
>>go thru the shim and into what ever it goes into.

>Ahhhh yes, *fat forward* does now make sense.  I was tilting the truck
and
>not the axle (or something like that).  Putting the *fat forward* does
>indeed tilt the upper ball joint ahead of the lower ball joint, right?

Putting the "fat part forward"  would only tilt the upper ball joint
ahead of the lower ball joint if  you had a spring over axle, not when
it's a spring under.  Think of it this way, draw a line between the upper
and lower ball joints.  Now to get better handling, you need to tilt that
line "back" (upper ball joint behind lower ball joint).  Think of the
forks on a motorcycle or bike, if the forks are strait up and down, you
have great cornering, but you wouldn't dare take your hands off the bars
when riding down the road.  If the forks are tilted (like the line
between the ball joints), the bike is stable on the road and the front
wheel tries to return to center if displaced.  At least, that is how it
was explained to me.
Hope it helps (and is correct)

Mike Ryan
Gilbert, AZ

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]