Springs, 2WD, etc

Just got back online: I switched jobs Monday, and the email administrators
at MCI got ultra-efficient on me, and cancelled my email before I had a
chance to switch.

Anyhow, somebody asked if the triangle springs moved the axle back (Dan?),
I am pretty sure that it didn't.  But not positive.  I did just get an
elongated rear driveshaft since mine stretched apart.  That was less than
$100.  I think the rear sits up over 5" (still haven't measured the thing).

Glad to hear you got a 2WD Travelall, Joel.  I think the handling is
unbelievable for such a beast.  As a matter of fact, I've been driving to
Denver lately, in the fast commuter lane, and frequently driving 90-95
miles an hour.  You'd never know you were going 95 unless you looked at the
speedo.  Of course, those big curves that you never notice on the highway
are very noticable in a Travelall doing 95 mph!
Having 3.54 gears probably helps it, but for some reason this travelall
('75) is *much* quieter than my other ('74).

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II, D300, T19, 3.73s
1975 Travelall, 2WD, 392, 3.54, TF727
1974 Travelall, 4WD, 392, NP205, 3.73s, TF727