The Fleckster's Postal Scout

The Fleckster writes:
>Well on the way back from the Roundup I found and bought a RIGHT HAND DRIVE
>postal scout.

My '72 RHD has the AMC 258 also, and the rear of the auto tranny is flat
and machined for a D20.  I have the stuff to to convert it to 4wd, but I've
been using it as a lightweight commuter vehicle.  This is the one I
converted the fronts to disc brakes on a "D30 type tube axle".  Frankly,
I've been enjoying the RHD more than I ever imagined.  I am separated more
from the "madding crowd" and can hear and see things on the side of the
road that reminds me of my motorcycle riding days.  It's also better at
night and when raining at night especially.  Oncoming headlites don't
bother me as much.  Even had some fun today going "backwards" through the
bank machine.

Last weekend I took it on the interstate for an extended run; small
children pointed and laughed.  A friend suggested I get a big sticker for
the back that says "DANGER U.S. MALE".

>I have a set of running gear and
>thought it would be neat to do a doulble steering column and drive it from
>either side.
Once I recall talking to someone somewhere about how they had actually seen
a Scout with two steering wheels!  What a concept for those with kids
nearing driving age!!

"If Rocky the Flying Squirrel had gotten e-mail from a flounder instead of
fan mail from a flounder, would the Cold War have been web-based?"   -T.
Lang, circa 1998