Re: Locking Hubs

I'm really confused, Tom.

The FAQ entry describes two positions on the dial -- labeled "AUTO" and
"LOCK".

I don't see where "AUTO vs. FREE" ever appears;  nor do I see the phrase
"FREE vs ENGAGED".

I'm pretty sure that one style of auto hubs used the above language ("AUTO
vs. LOCK"), and the other used "FREE vs. LOCK".

I don't have a set to check, as I just this month sent all of my auto hubs
(a set apiece of "Auto-Matics" and a set of "Lock-O-Matics") to John
Landry.  I figgered I'd never use em, and he seemed to have an interest.

If anyone can confirm for gospel sure which style had which language, I'd
be happy to tweak the FAQ entry appropriately.

Bill

P.S. -- I'm also pretty sure that I've seen at least two different designs
that bore the "Auto-Matic" designation.  One had a hub-body that was much
"taller" than the other.  Perhaps there's even a THIRD variant of the
language on these buggers?