Re: Softtops + trees

>Tom,
>   The problem isn't the soft top getting hurt, Joe put the top down. It
>is the person's head tyhat is exposed to the trees branches. I imaging
>Joe had quite the head ache after that trail. Oh, by the way. I doubt
>you've been down trails this tight before. I'm not sure that I have any
>pictures of the trail width, but; if not I'll get some.

In that case... *DUCK*

While on Holy Cross, I had the top down and my cowboy hat on... I felt a
WHACK on my head... didn't know what it was... then I saw the magnetic mount
whip on the hood, flapping around... it had hit me in the head!

As for tight trails.. I have scratches and dents down both sides of my '77
from a week ago... too many places where I had both mirrors and/or door
handles jammed into the sides of trees, trying to make my way through... and
it seems I can NEVER get all of the pine needles and tree branches out of
the interior from the close trees...

Also, FWIW, after that adventure last week, I looked at older photos of my
Scout, and started thinking, "Wow... it's really starting to look the worse
for wear.... *sniffle*"

If I can do it w/o breaking something, so much the better!

But once I do ding a panel, break a spring mount, trash a headlight... no
use crying over spilt milk... just chuckle and make the repair and get on
with it.  Oh, and pay better attention ya dunderhead so I don't do it again..

-Tom