Re: cooling

Nicholas:

I've got to weigh in with John here. 205 is nothing to worry about. A
lot of the new cars, with their limited cooling air flow due to
"aerodynamic design" are considered within boundries when they regularly
run at 220. They aren't "overheating" until 240 or 260. And, as John
pointed out, with a high pressure rad cap and 50/50 cooling mix, even
260 is within design.

My motorhome has a mechanical guage and I love the fact that I'm getting
numbers instead of track lines on a guage with no reference. It runs
right at 180 (the thermostat opening temp) most of the time. But under
load, say up a hill, will easily climb to 195. And, when it's really
hot, it can hit 210 without any problem.

Tom H.