The 74 tall is coming along.

IH everyone,

	Well, I've got the interior out of the 74, a bit of rust
in the floor panels.  I was going to weld in new panels, but that can wait.
I'd rather drive it first.  Got in it today with the hose, and washed the whole
thing out from the inside.  All the little drains work, and the dust inside
the dash, washed out clean.  I also flushed the radiator and took off all
the hoses.  I'll get new ones tomorrow.  One thing I've noticed, is that
the starter bendix works extremely well, in that, when the engine sputters
the bendix retracts and spins free.  It's kind of a pain when starting, but,
I'll get used to it.  Washed the entire rig out hood and all, except for the
back and headliner.  Does anyone have any ideas for how to get the dust out of
the headliner?  SHoudl I just take the panels out then put them back after a
good cleaning?

	The Carter AFB carb that is on there is missing a slew of little
goodies, and most of all the secondary linkage, so it'll be a 2bbl for a
while.  I'm going to rebuild it tomorrow,  and see if I can make it idle.
I plan to just use the air cleaner housing from my 75 when I drive this one
until I find another one.  What about the fan shroud?  ANyone have one or
know of one in a yard that they can grab for me?  It's the Deep one, like 12"
deep.

	I removed the guages/instruments, and cleaned them all and removed the
faces and cleaned the insides.  Now they look factory fresh.  Kinda cool
to see them that clean.  Tried the radio on the bench, and the AMFM factory
deck is tip/top.  Can't wait to hear the stereo front-to-rear instead of
R-L.

	What size tires do you(anyone) run on a 2wd travelall?  235 look
like they fit, but are very close to the wheel wells.  I have 31s on the
front (2 of my 6 spares I need to get it on the trailer) so they're
huge.  I was going to spring over the rear, and then go with 31s allthe
way around, that way I could use any spare I have and be ok.  Let me know
what you all run.

	I used the 3 HP mCCullough pressure washer to clean the engine out,
and the tranny (from inside) and the rest, and the truck really is shaping up
to be a pretty nice ride!  The insteresting thing it that this one has rust
in places my other one doesn't and vice/versa.  The 74 has the rust hood hinges
and rusty floors, and the 75 has a rusty top, and fenders.

What's the clue on the hood hinges?  They fle pretty good when you open or
close the hood.

	Well, any advice is appreciated.  By next week mid-week, this truck
is going to be a driver, so I'll iron out some more oddities as they come up.
Thanks again everyone for all the help, and I'll talk to you soon!

-Joel

'74 Travelall 2wd 392/727 TQuad
'75 Travelall 4wd 392/727 AFB
'76 Scout II  4wd 345/727 2210C